Religion - the spirit of the Balkans
Montana Region Nišava Region

"St. Nikola" Church, Berkovica

The temple was built in 1871 by the master George Dzhongar. It was built with crushed stone blocks, sometimes incorporated and processed stone in it. Later, the building went through two construction periods, which have enriched its architectural forms. In 1898 the bell tower was built. The iconostasis was broken up, bent at the central portion to the apse, and the elements were determined flat and schematic.